cooking time: less than 10 minutes
The chili peppers I bought came in a bigger package than I can use fast enough. I came up with this way to use up the peppers.
chopped chili peppers
thinly sliced scallion
- heat up oil in a small pan on low heat
- add garlic to oil, continue to heat up oil
- add scallion and chili peppers to oil after a couple of minutes
- after all ingredients are cook through, before the garlic gets burned, turn off the heat, add salt
- cool the sauce and store in the jar, keep refrigerated
- heating oil to high heat is not recommended. If high heat is a must, keep the cooking time short.
- the oil can be used for dressing oil.
- can be used for stir-fry vegetables, meat, or add to noodles or rice.