cooking time: 2 – 3 hours
Another of my lazy creations. Beef, tomatoes, and soy sauce are delicious together.
roasted beef bones (leftover bones from prime rib roast used this time)
thinly sliced celery
- in a soup pot, add oil, sauté onions, garlic, and tomatoes
- add beef bones to pot, add as much water as possible
- shimmer for 2 – 2.5 hours
- remove bones from pot, remove meat from bones and cut meat into small bites
- add cooked rice to pot, cook for 15 minutes
- add add kale, celery, and meat to pot, cook for 5 minutes
- season with salt and soy sauce
- if using uncooked rice, extend cooking time. Or add rice while making broth
Pingback: [Cooking] More Recipes from Michelle Chiang – White Peony Style
You took a page out of my cooking lexicon — My favorite seasonings are garlic, onion, tomatoes and soy sauceI I used to make a great oven barbeque sauce with some ketchup, tomato paste, and soy, with added garlic. I’d then oven bake chicken parts covered in this sauce in a glass casserole with a lid — about 45 minutes to 2 hours. One of my Cal Arts professors loved it so much he asked me to cook him a batch every week!
I don’t know what I will do without soy sauce. The chicken dish sounds yummy. Maybe I will try to make my own interpretation of it. I think beef will work great. Beef, tomatoes, and soy sauce are good friends.