cooking time: 20 minutes
Clear noodles are made from mung beans. It can be cooked directly in broth. Cooking for one can be simple and delicious.
raw peeled shrimps
shrimp shells (optional)
spicy pickled radish (optional)
- sautéed shrimp shells with some oil, add water and bring it to boil.
- let the shrimp broth simmer for a few minutes, strain and discard the shells. Set aside the broth.
- sautéed shrimps. Set aside.
- in a soup pot, add shrimp broth, add water if needed.
- add pickled radish and celery to the pot.
- when the soup come to a boil, add clear noodles.
- when noodles are soft and turn clear, turn off heat, place noodle soup in serving dish.
- add shrimps
- garnish with fried shallot, cilantro, and sesame oil.
- additional vegetable can be added to the soup prior to adding noodles
- fried shallot can be bought at Asian markets or make it at home
- instead of clear noodles, shirataki (Japanese yam noodles) can be used as another gluten-free option.