The course is designed to enhance professional designers’ ability to envision and communicate their projects using the SketchUp program.
Tuesday, April 22 – Thursday, Jun 5
(This is the 1st attempt of this type of course catering to working professionals. The regular semester is 20 weeks long.)
Open Lab: 9 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday
Lectures/Discussions: 9:15 am – 11:30 am, Tuesdays & Thursdays
Participants will have access to the classroom and equipment during open lab hours. It is important to attend the lectures/discussions. Tuesdays will be for exploring ideas and deciding on learning objectives and Thursdays will be for actual demos. The first 5 weeks will have lectures and discussions. The final 2 weeks will be for project productions and reviews.
West Valley Occupational Center, Room 304
6200 Winnetka Avenue, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818-346-3540 – school phone
Course fee: $100 (additional fees: $5 student ID card)
Course Section/Title: 709 CAD/Upgrade
Instructor: Julian Inchaurregui
Instructor’s approval required for registration. Please come meet the instructor prior to registration.
Course Outline & Details
Warning: This is not a course for those who want to learn the craft of CAD drafting and become drafting professionals.
Working with architects and interior designers, I often hear how the professionals would like to utilize SketchUp more for their businesses. Finally, there is a 7-week program for design professionals to learn practical SketchUp skills to enhance their design presentations.
- SketchUp works on both PC and Mac.
- SketchUp has a free version.
- SketchUp Pro is less than $600 for 1 license; affordable compared to other CAD programs.
- SketchUp is easy to learn. No CAD experience required.
Here are some benefits design professionals can gain from this course:
- Learn SketchUp through a structured and organized curriculum.
- Produce simple 3D presentations for client meetings.
- Make quick and minor changes to SketchUp models prepared by a drafting professional.
- Develop better understanding of CAD and other presentation programs to communicate and collaborate with drafting professionals.