Maker of fine tea bags, interior designer and space planner, freelance autoCAD or technical drawings for other designers
|Beautiful interior/deco design|
The course is designed to enhance professional designers’ ability to envision and communicate their projects using the SketchUp program.
Tuesday, April 22 – Thursday, Jun 5
(This is the 1st attempt of this type of course catering to working professionals. The regular semester is 20 weeks long.)
Open Lab: 9 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday
Lectures/Discussions: 9:15 am – 11:30 am, Tuesdays & Thursdays
Participants will have access to the classroom and equipment during open lab hours. It is important to attend the lectures/discussions. Tuesdays will be for exploring ideas and deciding on learning objectives and Thursdays will be for actual demos. The first 5 weeks will have lectures and discussions. The final 2 weeks will be for project productions and reviews.
West Valley Occupational Center, Room 304
6200 Winnetka Avenue, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818-346-3540 – school phone
Course fee: $100 (additional fees: $5 student ID card)
Course Section/Title: 709 CAD/Upgrade
Instructor: Julian Inchaurregui
Instructor’s approval required for registration. Please come meet the instructor prior to registration.
Course Outline & Details
Warning: This is not a course for those who want to learn the craft of CAD drafting and become drafting professionals.
Working with architects and interior designers, I often hear how the professionals would like to utilize SketchUp more for their businesses. Finally, there is a 7-week program for design professionals to learn practical SketchUp skills to enhance their design presentations.
- SketchUp works on both PC and Mac.
- SketchUp has a free version.
- SketchUp Pro is less than $600 for 1 license; affordable compared to other CAD programs.
- SketchUp is easy to learn. No CAD experience required.
Here are some benefits design professionals can gain from this course:
- Learn SketchUp through a structured and organized curriculum.
- Produce simple 3D presentations for client meetings.
- Make quick and minor changes to SketchUp models prepared by a drafting professional.
- Develop better understanding of CAD and other presentation programs to communicate and collaborate with drafting professionals.
1. Be Healthy
2. Be Professional
3. Be Sincere and Compassionate
4. Set Goals
5. Keep Improving
6. Promote Your Strength
7. Be Unique and Memorable
8. Build a Support System
9. Offer Help & Give Back
Last year, I was invited to be a guest speaker at two different classes in two different schools. I felt I could do a little more than just talking about my personal story. I got inspired to put together the 9 tips above. I feel strongly about each of the tips. So, after the two presentations, this gets a permanent spot here on my blog.