cooking time: less than 15 minutes
Cold side dishes are great for multiple meals.
soy bean sprouts – blanched and cooled
thinly sliced chili peppers
angle sliced scallions
- place bean sprouts in a mixing bowl
- add all other ingredients, adjust amount of seasoning to taste
- soy bean sprouts are available in bags at Korean markets.
- mung bean sprouts are fine if soy bean sprouts are not available.
cooking time: less than 10 minutes
should be prepared 1 day ahead
This is a great side dish with other Asian dishes. Easy to make.
sugar – approx. 1/6 of cucumber
salt – some for seasoning
rice vinegar – same amount as sugar
thinly sliced ginger – some
- smash cucumbers, cut into small pieces, and place in a mixing bowl
- add sugar to cucumber, mix well until sugar dissolves
- add salt to taste, mix
- add vinegar, mix
- add ginger
- refrigerate and serve the next day, garnish with sesame oil (optional)
- Regular cucumber or hot house cucumber work fine too
Regular Cucumber Used
- ginger can be substitute with minced garlic and chili
- good for about 3 days.