At the end of the year, we love to express our gratitude and good wishes with gifts to people around us. Here are some online art and design gifting options. These gift ideas work throughout the year for all occasions.
It is so joyful to receive a card with a personal message. For those of us who can’t quite make our own cards, there are wonderful artisans who help us to say what we want to say.
- Playa Paper Handcrafted paper goods. All cards include postage.
- Pretty by Post Curated greeting cards for snail mail lovers available as single collections or subscription.
- Project CELEBRATE FREE digital cards designed by Michelle Chiang.
Artist & Artisans
Many artist and artisans have wonderful gifts for sale.
- Andres Palos Andres Palos is a Los Angeles based digital and film photographer. Prints are available in different sizes and frame options on this website.
- Ira Meyer Ira Meyer photographs the amazing sceneries and animals of Antarctica and the Arctic.
- J&S MakeScents Hand poured soy wax candles.
- Leather E 100% handcrafted leather hair accessory & jewelry.
- Matt Spangler Matt Spangler is an artist who draws robots. His website has prints, original arts, and merchandise available.
Books are the most versatile gifts. Instead of ordering online, visiting a physical bookstore offers a sense of adventure. You may find things unexpected.
- Bart’s Books 302 W. Matilija Street, Ojai, CA 93023
- Hennessey + Ingalls 300 S. Santa Fe Ave. M, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- The Last Bookstore 453 South Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Museum & Gallery Stores
Museums and galleries often have online stores that cater to art lovers.
- Getty Museum Store 1200 Getty Center Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90049
- LACMA Store
- Los Angeles Public Library Store
- MOCA Store
- MOMA Design Store
- Studio Channel Islands 2222 E Ventura Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93010
- The Gamble House Bookstore 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA 91108
- The Huntington Store 1151 Oxford Rd., San Marino, CA 91108
- The Shop at the Broad 221 S. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
With some imagination and planning, this gift can be memorable without necessarily costing a lot of money. It could be a trip to a museum, a self-guided architectural walking tour, an art/craft class, a spring picnic at the park, etc. The options are limitless. You can create a ‘gift certificate’ to be redeemed after the hectic holiday season.
Sustainable, Eco-Friendly Guide by Elemental Green
Elemental Green has gathered some of our favorite eco-friendly products to help infuse your home with healthier, more-sustainable gift-giving ideas. Whether you are looking for something for loved ones or dropping hints about a special treat for yourself, we are continually curating this list with fresh products that members of our team have vetted, tried, and recommended enthusiastically.